Agent Release v0.4.5 - Update Required
We’ve shipped a major update to our monitoring Agent, to improve performance and minimise the amount of server CPU the Agent requires.
You must to Update Your Agents to apply these changes.
- Added ability to pause or disable the agent from the dashboard
- Support for running in Docker containers
- Include system information (Operating System, Kernel version, etc) in data being monitored by Barricade
- SSL now uses trusted certificate - SSL negotiation verifies hostname before establishing connection
- Add a more robust external IP resolver (solves issue where occasionally public IP would not be registered correctly)
- Fixes for some memory exhaustion scenarios in low resource environments
- Automatically restarts interface captures that have failed
Agents have advanced configuration options that you can adjust to suit your needs. See our Agent Configuration docs for details on how you can set these options.
ssl_check_hostname(new) - enable/disable SSL hostname verification, enabled by default
spooler_memory(new) - specify the amount of memory to use for buffering packets in high traffic scenarios before dropping. Has a default derived from system memory.
flush_frequency(changed) - default changed from 1 second to 0.01 seconds
log_level(changed) - default changed from error to warning
high_water_mark(deprecated) - deprecated in favour of